Sifu Evelina Lengyel is a personal student of the world renowned Grandmaster Doc-Fai Wong of San Francisco. Grandmaster Doc-Fai Wong is the President of the Plum Blossom International Federation of Choy Li Fut & Tai Chi Chuan, which he founded in 1968. In 2006, Grandmaster Doc-Fai Wong was appointed the Chan family teacher of Choy Li Fut by the "Keeper of the System", Chan Sun Chiu, great grandson to Chan Heung.
As further commitment to the earnestness of the instruction at the Concord Kung Fu Academy, Sifu Evelina Lengyel undergoes annual re-certification by Plum Blossom International Federation Founder, Grandmaster Doc-Fai Wong, further ensuring the accuracy of the teaching of authentic Choy Li Fut Kung Fu and Yang Tai Chi.
Photo: Sifu Lengyel attending seminar conducted by Grandmaster Doc-Fai Wong. In continuing her training, three forms were learned; Throat-locking Spear form, Lohan Taming Tiger form and the Yang Tai Chi Saber form. The seminar was held in the gymnasium of the Kroc Center in San Diego August 10-11, 2009. The event was organized by the White Dragon Martial Arts Schools, a member of the Plum Blossom International Federation of Choy Li Fut & Tai Chi Chuan.
Sifu Evelina Lengyel
Sifu Evelina Lengyel is the Founder and Chief Instructor of the Concord Kung Fu Academy. She has over 35 years of combined experience as a professional martial arts instructor and professional dancer (both Actors Equity and the Screen Actors Guild). Her knowledge of kinesiology and proper body alignment allows her to help students learn proper technique. She has been teaching kung fu in Concord since 1995 and has taught throughout the Bay Area and received a letter from Governor of California acknowledging her community involvement in support of Martial Arts Day in 2005.
Sifu Lengyel holds titles from regional, national and international competitions and judges at many tournaments. She traveled to China as one of the head coaches and as a competitor with the Plum Blossom International Federation that brought home a winning team from the First World Traditional Wushu Festival held in the city of Zhengzhou, receiving two medals herself.
- 2009 - Invited to judge at the International Chinese Martial Arts Championship in Las Vegas, Nevada - Watch video
- 2007 - Invited to perform at the Celebration of Great Grandmaster Wong Gong 80th Birthday in Jiangmen City, China.
- 2006 - Invited to compete in the Hiajin Garden Cup Invitational Tournament in Xuwen, China.
1st – Hand and Short Weapon Forms
- 2006 - Honored by an invitation to participate in the dedication ceremonies of the Museum of Chan Heung, the Founder of Choy Li Fut Kung Fu, held on August 2nd in King Mui Village, China. This was followed by the 200th Anniversary Clebration held in Jiangmen City, China. Video and photos of the dedication are available.
- 2005 - Awarded "Coach of the Year" by the U.S.A. Martial Arts Hall of Fame.
- 2004 - Inducted into the U.S.A. Martial Arts Hall of Fame as "Female Instructor of the Year - Chinese Arts."
- 2004 - Competed in and the First World Traditional Wushu Festival in Zhengzhou, China. One of the Head Coaches that brought home a winning US-based team.
- 2004 – First Traditional Wushu Festival in Zhengzhou, Henan Province, China. See the Opening Ceremonies HERE
3rd – Hand Form
3rd – Short Weapon Forms
- 1999 – USA Open International Chinese Martial Arts Competition – San Francisco, CA
1st – Traditional Hand Form
- 1998 – ICMAC International Chinese Competition – San Francisco, CA
3rd – 4 Star Grand Champion Division/Hand Form, Short Weapon, Long Weapon and Sparring
- 1995 - Lily Lau Championship – City College San Francisco, CA
2nd – Hand Form
- 1994 – UC Berkeley Wushu Championship
1st Traditional Hand Form
- 1993 – William Kim’s TKD Open Martial Arts Competition – Vallejo, CA
2nd – Traditional Hand Form
1st – Sparring
- 1992 – PAWMA Martial Arts Competition – Los Angeles, CA
1st – Traditional Hand From
1st – Traditional Long Weapon
- 1992 – NACMAF International Chinese Championship – Baltimore, MD
1st – Traditional Hand Form
2005 Coach of the Year Sifu Evelina Lengyel awarded by USA Martial Arts Hall of Fame.
Dedication Ceremonies of Chan Heung Museum Coming in August.
Seminar with Great Grandmaster Wong Gong Seminars conducted by Choy Li Fut Great Grandmaster Wong Gong. Wong Gong was presented with the position of "Keeper of the Hung Sing School" in 2006.
Training for Life - Seminars with Grandmaster Doc-Fai Wong As a personal student of Grandmaster Doc-Fai Wong, ongoing training is a part of life. Training includes advanced and "secret" Choy Li Fut forms passed down from the Founder.
2004 Instructor of the Year - Chinese Arts Sifu Evelina Lengyel inducted into the USA Martial Arts Hall of Fame.
First World Traditional Wushu Festival International competition.